Monday, September 24, 2007

What if we didn't hate our bodies?

Duration: 02:19 minutes
Upload Time: 07-09-17 06:33:03
User: SuperSizedSexy
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes. ~Sally Field It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. ~Author Unknown It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. ~Edmund Hillary People are crying up the rich and variegated plumage of the peacock, and he is himself blushing at the sight of his ugly feet. ~Sa'Di Just as much as we see in others we have in ourselves. ~William Hazlitt Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. ~Les Brown It's me who is my enemy Me who beats me up Me who makes the monsters Me who strips my confidence. ~Paula Cole, "Me," This Fire I've spent most of my life walking under that hovering cloud, jealousy, whose acid raindrops blurred my vision and burned holes in my heart. Once I learned to use the umbrella of confidence, the skies cleared up for me and the sunshine called joy became my faithful companion. ~Astrid Alauda What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate. ~Henry David Thoreau Men harm others by their deeds, themselves by their thoughts. ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare If you must love your neighbor as yourself, it is at least as fair to love yourself as your neighbor. ~Nicholas de Chamfort Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people. ~André Dubus The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. ~Sonya Friedman Only as high as I reach can I grow, Only as far as I seek can I go, Only as deep as I look can I see, Only as much as I dream can I be. ~Karen Ravn Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. ~Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles,"

Comments

SuperSizedSexy ::: Favorites
You're welcome, spunkaliciousbbw. :) I really hope that it helps inspire people to love themselves and their bodies and to not listen to all the "you have to be thin to be beautiful" garbage that are crammed down our throats on a daily basis. It's a bunch of BS that has gone on way too long. Women are so sick of hearing that they aren't good enough. Things are changing. Many people have had enough of the media's lies, I hope you are one of them, sweetie! *hugs*
07-09-23 18:19:42
__________________________________________________
spunkaliciousbbw ::: Favorites
Thank you for making this video. I really enjoyed your choice of song as well. ((HUGS))
07-09-23 16:09:03
__________________________________________________
Famen400 ::: Favorites
Yes... And us fat admirers need to be treated like people too... And not like creeps, ugly hobos, or vicious animals... I have gotten all of those insults before.... People should be accepted not only for what they look like, but for who they are on the inside... Even I have trouble with this.. I have a VERY hard time getting along with others, and I believe that all people are beautiful on the outside, but ugly on the inside...
07-09-21 20:38:18
__________________________________________________
Famen400 ::: Favorites
Yes, it is, Miss Raven.. :) I've been worried about having to tell my family that I am a FA... But if this change keeps up, I won't have to worry that much... FINALLY!! After SO long, the media has rotted our minds But now, our minds get a chance to rot the media... God be praised for the information age, although it is the hardest, and most monstrous time...
07-09-21 20:33:39
__________________________________________________
HeadlessFatLady ::: Favorites
Nice video :)
07-09-20 16:51:59
__________________________________________________
sublimefan5446 ::: Favorites
Yes I love music and I guess have too much time on my hands...LOL.......you always have good songs.....I love the queen of the damned one!!
07-09-20 16:10:04
__________________________________________________
HolyBarnacles ::: Favorites
True. I defintely contend often that thin hatred is way more less rampant than fat hatred (And that's factual :P), but they're both wrong. It takes a long time to be accepting of yourself in this society (Sadly, it's a discipline these days), but it probably takes even longer to accept everyone after you've been hated for so long.
07-09-20 15:23:00
__________________________________________________
SuperSizedSexy ::: Favorites
Yeah, it is Enigma. Once again good ear, hun! :)
07-09-20 14:20:30
__________________________________________________
SuperSizedSexy ::: Favorites
Yeah, the reverse sizeism I find just as sad as the thin people who bash fat people. It's counter-productive, but I can almost understand why they do it. I mean we (meaning big people) are treated like crap all our lives because of our size, it's very difficult sometimes to not hate "the other side". But thinking that there are two sides like that is folly. We are ALL people. ALL human beings, and every one of us is deserving of respect.
07-09-20 14:15:46
__________________________________________________
HolyBarnacles ::: Favorites
I'm open to any weight ranges (Though I do have my preference), but preferences and/or requirements are fine on all sizes, as long as hatred for the opposing viewpoint doesn't exist. In other words: "Weight loss/gain in itself? Fine. Sizeism/Reverse Sizeism? *Gets in Hapkido fighting stance* NOT FINE! :P"
07-09-20 14:06:15
__________________________________________________

No comments: